You need one of the following items to drive in Japan:
- Japanese driver's license
- International driver's license
- A foreign license that legally allows you to drive in Japan
Foreign license that is allowed to drive in Japan
Estonia, Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium, Monaco, Taiwan It is necessary to attach the Japanese translation created by the following places
- License issuing agency or embassy / consulate in Japan, etc.
- Automobile Federation of issuing countries
- JAF (Japan Automobile Federation) 3,000 yen
- Zipplus Co., Ltd.
Period you can drive
- Japanese Driver's License: Within the valid period
- International driver's license and foreign driver's license: One year from the date of landing in Japan or the validity period of the license, whichever is shorter. If you exceed the period, you need to switch to a Japanese driver's license.
Links of Keywords
Others (Note,important Points, Points)
★ In Japan, there are strict regulations and penalties for driving intoxicated. Japanese people in general are more sensitive to alcohol than westerners, so please do not drive under the influence of alcohol even if you think 'you've only had a few beers'. The below outlines alcohol sensitivities in different populations due to metabolic processes in the body differing accordingly: Percentage of "ALDH2" (alcohol metabolism) inactive (none)
European Caucasian: 0%