Permission to engage in an activity other than that permitted under the Status of Residence previously granted on entry
Since this is important and differs between individual cases, we recommend that you ask an expert.
Permission is required when attempting to operate a business with income that does not belong to the status of residence that you currently have or to receive compensation. As a general rule, you can work a maximum of 28 hours per week.
- It is not an activity that interferes with the activity of the status of residence you currently have.
- Maintaining and continuing the activities of the status of residence you currently have
- The activity for which you are trying to obtain a permit for activities outside the qualification is not unskilled labor (in principle, qualifications that do not allow employment are acceptable)
- There is no problem with the status of residence and it is appropriate to permit
- Activities that attempt to receive activities outside the qualifications are not related to customs business, offensive to public order and morals, and are not prohibited by law.
The revocation of permission, etc.
Those who have permission for activities outside the status of qualification will be revoked if any of the following applies.
If you engage in employment activities other than your status of residence without obtaining permission prior, you may be guilty of illegal employment or activities outside your status of residence and may be subject to deportation. Or, when the period of stay is renewed, the period of stay may be shortened or disapproved.
If you are deported by deportation procedures, you will not be allowed to land back in Japan for 5 years from that date.
- If you violate the conditions of permission
- If you are not engaged in activities related to your given status of residence
- When it is judged that it is not appropriate to give permission for other activities other than the qualification
Links of Keywords
Where to apply
The Immigration Bureau office that has jurisdiction over your address.
What you will need
- Application form
- Residence Card
- Documents that clarify the content of activities related to the application (copy of employment contract, etc. that describes job type, working hours, period, remuneration amount, etc.)