Status of residence including working holidays.
Types of status of residence
- Japanese spouse, etc. (e.g. has a Japanese spouse or a Japanese child)
- Spouse of permanent resident (e.g. spouse of a permanent resident)
- Residents (e.g. Nikkei, permanent Indochina refugees, spouses/children of remaining Japanese in China, etc.)
- Specific activities (e.g. domestic servants for diplomats etc, working holiday, internships with compensation, EPA-based nurses, care work candidates, etc.)
- Specific activities (long stay for sightseeing and recreation)
About working holiday
The limit of working hours follow the Labor Standards Law, but employment insurance is not available. They will be considered as non-residents for the purpose of Income tax.