Medical Expense Refund
If you cannot receive medical treatment at an approved public insurance medical institution because of unavoidable circumstances and you pay the bill of a medical examination out of your own pocket, these medical expenses will be covered.
The same amount you pay out of your own pocket for the medical treatment for the Public Insurance Medical Treatment will be paid back to you by your insurance provider.
The procedure of eligible situations for the benefit:
- When you were not able to receive Public Insurance Medical Treatment because the employer was in the process of registering for qualification and the insurance card had not been issued.
- When a medical cost was charged when you were quarantined according to the Prevention of Infectious Diseases Law.
- When you used a prosthesis, artificial eye, or corset according to the doctor's instructions for medical treatment.
- When you had a blood transfusion of live blood.
- When you received a treatment from a bonesetter.
- * Insurance does not cover treatment forms developed for recovery from exhaustion or for comfort, nor massages for disease prevention.
* Insurance does not cover treatment forms developed for recovery from exhaustion or for comfort, nor massages for disease prevention.
Links of Keywords
Procedure (Method, Place, What You Need)
For health insurance, apply to the health insurance association or union that you have joined. For National Health Insurance, apply to your municipal office. You may need the following:
- Application form
- Detailed medical examination statement